The Director of Sales and Marketing reports to the CEO and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Marketing and Sales Departments.
- Directs sales organization operations and develops the tactics, operational plans, and processes to implement the organizational sales strategy, drive revenue growth, and accomplish financial objectives.
- Recruit, select, on-board, train, assign, schedule, mentor, counsel, and discipline employees; communicating job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review job contributions; plan and review compensation actions; enforce policies and procedures.
- Establishes and implements processes, tools, and structures to support the sales organization’s operations.
- Oversees goal setting for departmental and group levels of the sales organization and uses data and technology to measure and monitor sales processes, identify issues, and enhance performance. Implements methods and systems to effectively analyze and monitor the industry, business environment, and competitors and expand the customer base.
- Propose, coordinate, establish, and manage the implementation and successful execution of Marketing and Sales Department budgets and goals as approved by the CEO.
- Oversee the development, documentation, and implementation of marketing and sales policies and procedures including sales compensation, CRM toolset utilization, marketing planning, sales forecasting, proposal, financial reporting, trip reporting, and progress reporting.
- Design, plan, and work with company IT Department on changes to the company website.
- Provide hands on management of Direct Sales and Application Engineering sales force.
- Responsible to travel as required driving the marketing and sales process.
- Work with Engineering and Product Management to aggressively develop and implement product line strategy including proper alignment of this strategy with marketing and sales efforts.
- Set proactive product line strategies by major market segment in accordance with company goals and objectives.
- Monitor and report actual bookings to forecast.
- Develop and submit for approval an annual advertising plan and budget for execution.
- Develop, gain approval and implement product pricing and pricing policies to insure uniformity of pricing and maximized sales and profitability.
- Provide Marketing and Sales Department leadership to ensure employee participation and training to support company-wide innovation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop, coordinate, implement, monitor, and report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Manage the customer contract pricing process to maximize sales, profitability, and labor utilization.
- Where needed, be the primary interface with major customers to support the execution of current projects.
- Insure customer account coverage and satisfaction through Best Practice development, implementation and management of department resources.
- Insure senior management is informed on key issues.
- Insure work place safety in areas of responsibility.
- Four year college degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering strongly preferred.
- Additional MBA preferred.
- A minimum of five years technical hands on experience is required.
- A minimum of five to ten years of sales and marketing experience is required.
- A minimum of five years in a sales management role with complete responsibility for the sales and management department including sales and marketing strategy, planning, budgeting, budget management, and personnel management is required.
- Experience selling directly into long sales cycle defense customers is required.
- Experience selling into the DoD test, measurement, data acquisition, and/or built-to-print industries is strongly desired.
- Candidate must be proficient using MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of the Salesforce toolset.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- Bonus Compensation
- Profit Sharing
- Sick time compensation
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Programs
- 401K with a company match
- Expense reimbursement
Send resume with reference to this posting to email@example.com