G Systems, Inc. seeks an Engineering Manager for in-person full-time employment. Founded in 1990, G Systems specializes in the design and production of custom test and measurement solutions in the aerospace, defense, and energy industries. As a growing technology company, G Systems provides excellent growth and career advancement opportunities.
This position reports to the Senior VP of Engineering and Manufacturing and has direct management responsibility for engineering personnel and processes. Engineering Manager interfaces with all aspects of the company including Sales, Accounting, Purchasing, Quality/Supplier Management, and Production.
Engineering Manager will lead hardware and software design teams and implementation activities in a low-volume/high-mix environment for electro-mechanical and electronic systems. Oversight of systems design includes the integration of off-the-shelf instrumentation, custom designed software, and hardware with all associated lower-level design of PCBAs, cabling and signal routing boxes. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage both daily and long-term engineering aspects including personnel hiring/scheduling, management of design, software, electrical and mechanical engineering direct reports, resource planning, workflow, training/certification.
- Manage key projects directly as well as provide technical contribution such as software architecture design.
- Ensure all engineering deliverables are on-time, on-budget, and meet customer technical/quality requirements.
- Interact directly with customers on key projects for status related to performance of the contract (e.g. requirements, preliminary and critical design reviews, etc.)
- Develop, implement, train, and maintain relevant processes and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Oversee configuration management best practices and tools,
- Redefine and maintain software architecture methodologies and style guides.
- Support job proposal activities including material and labor estimations.
- Develop and implement a short term to 5 year technical road map
- Owns engineering schedule adherence, forecast of labor and associated revenue.
- Ensures customer satisfaction for design projects.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering systems integration environment managing a team for similar technical products (high mix software/electrical/electromechanical solutions)
- Four-year degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Detail-oriented approach and strong organizing/planning/prioritizing skills
- Strong troubleshooting, analytic and problem-solving abilities, and an innovative/resourceful mindset
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and manage risks using good judgment
- Self-motivated and results-oriented mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to influence change in a growing organization.
- Must be a US Person: (a) a US citizen, a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 USC 1101(a)(20), or (b) a protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
- Experience with ISO9001/AS9100 and ERP/MRP systems
- Experience with DOD, Government and Aerospace contract adherence and flow-downs is a plus.
- Must have professional experience developing software in environments such as LabVIEW, C, C++, or Python and is capable of architecting distributed, object-oriented software. Prior experience with TestStand, databases, and data acquisition hardware/instrumentation is also highly desirable.
- Ability to manage people and projects in a format consistent with PMI’s PMBOK guidelines.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience level. Full-time permanent employees are eligible for the following benefits:
medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k, profit-based bonus, paid vacation/holidays/sick time, life insurance, educational
reimbursement program, Flex-Med medical savings plan, Flex-Care (125 pretax childcare). G Systems provides an
excellent work environment and strong growth potential.
Send resume with reference to this posting to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: EM-20231004